Monday, December 1, 2008

A warm hearth and a trusty stead...

Some of you asked to see the Pink Chateau covered in snow...well I hope you enjoy it as much as I didn't...ha, but such is the way of the Northlands...you just deal with it. This was last years deluge, just one of many 10 inchers.

How can such a beautiful scene be so dreaded, well just look at the piles EVERYWHERE!!! The bad thing is you have to go to work, but not this year, I can work out of my home without the stress of the open road. The fear comes from the lost revenues of traffic unable to get to you.
My trusty stead, although not 4-wheel drive, has no barn to shelter it, so I 'm at the mercy of a good ice scraper and a bucket of sand. The inside of the truck is fitted with an extra pair of snow boots, gloves, coat, shovel and blankets for emergencies. This is serious when there's a white-out, when you can't see ten feet in front of you. I've driven in snows where you had to drive on the shoulder, with window open and snow blowing in, just so you could see the ditch, that was the only way you knew you were still on the road, driving 5 miles an hour. You can hardly get your fingers to move from gripping the wheel so tight, all the while it is thundering outside. An eery feeling to be sure, but such is the life, I'm just thankful that I don't live in Minnesota, sorry Connie...
So there you have it, why me and many other merchants dread winters in the North, beautiful but deadly...so come on Pilgrim, give it a go...visit us in the frozen North...or just keep buying from us online...you are so appreciated!