Monday, December 27, 2010

Dawn calls...from the room at the top of the stairs...

I love how the dawn shines blue through my parlor window,
beckoning me to get on with a days' work...

PILES...
Piles of lampshade frames litter the floor of my workroom upstairs,
like a bone yard, all await my moment of inspiration...

Bundles of vintage trimmings rest in the graveyard
of unfinished projects...

Boxes of fabrics, vintage and new...

...a cupboard filled with the trimmings to decorate the cake
of my fancy...which shall I chose...

...to finish a project, long since set aside,
collecting it's veil of dust,
awaiting its' turn...

...another silently sings for its' turn,
a waltz with the needle,
a symphony yet to be composed...

yes, all await the artists' inspiration...
and the grand finale of a symphony well sung...

It's Winter, the time to finish those projects
that you've harbored guilt for many a day.
I think I shall sew this week...a week of nothingness...
the week after Christmas, what shall one do...
I know,
a Jane Austen video,
a pot of tea
and a sewing basket awaiting with its' veil of dust...
my work awaits, best not keep it hiding
in the room at the top of the stairs...