Thursday, October 2, 2008

Can I waste time or what...

.
Thank God for the dog grooming, at least I can get paid while I'm waiting for owners to pick-up, as I rummage through drawers of junk for my next work of art er trash...making jewelry is one thing, but having an area set aside to do it is another...see reference to being single...and seeing out of the box for this new art form is not as easy as it may seem. You have to have lots of resource...er junk. Putting a piece together is like writing a poem, at least for me, there is alot that has to be tweaked. An idea may look great in your mind, but on the board, it bites.
But I found these great old brass picture frame corners, are they cool or what and they have the nail holes from being attached to an old frame, so perfect for attaching baubles. I am slowly getting this wire wrapping down. But as with my furniture, I want the look of being around for a long time, tarnished and dinged. I am also using old rosary beads for some of the necklaces, I have always loved their look and feel. I will save the medals and crucifix for other projects.
Again using the burnished clay Oaxacan beads, they blend perfectly with the wooden beads of the rosary...can one have too much fun...that's what I thought!
The song never dies,
night hawk circle my hearts drum
carry me aloft.