Saturday, October 11, 2008

A Room With a View...Shadow Shot Sunday


A room with a view,
solace within...
the hearth,
the ol' rocking chair
a tamed wild beast
asleep at my side...
and a book perhaps,
feeding my growth
in a gentle retreat longed for so,
as sweet, soft violins
serenade my hearts beat...
surround sound for the soul,
I long to gaze
into what lies within,
a yearning...
perhaps a longing,
do I know...
I gaze out from the inside
o' my oasis, my retreat,
to dwell in the shade of the promise
to keep.
Shadow you shelter me,
your jewelled cuffs
harness a day's light
in small comforts I have known...
'tis steady as the hour,
the hour in my retreat.
From the inside or out,
I am warmed by the moments
in time that I feel,
a yearning, a longing, perhaps...
in my room with a view.
OK...now I feel all cozy inside, having said that...it is now that time again...SHADOW SHOT SUNDAY...Hey, Harriet . I can't believe you haven't joined in yet, you are missing the fun and the joy of seeing what you never noticed before. Just sign in, take some photos and make a comment on the rest of the shooters shots...and that's it...FUN.