Monday, July 11, 2011

The veggie-gestapo...coming to your town...

Do you worry about what freedoms
will be taken away from you next?
Since I own 6 acres on a pie shaped piece
in between the old highway
and the new 4-lane, 2 miles outside the city,
yet still in city limits, I constantly
worry about the veggie-gestapo doing a
drive-by and putting me on their hit list...
I only mow right around my house, allowing the rest
to go natural, milkweeds and Queen Ann's lace
grow in my front yard, along with various grasses
and prairie forbes that feed the butterflies.
I keep the seedlings at bay and the giant weeds
that look surly, pulled...yet...

There is a reminder that they still prowl the lands,
as one Michigan woman has found out.
Julie Bass has been in the news for planting
a raised bed of veggies in her front yard.
The bullies(the city planner) are having a field day with
this one, he wants to put her in jail because
she refuses to dig up her garden and plant grass...
is it just me or is something wrong with this picture?
Check out her blog here...

My home is my sanctuary, the view from
my front porch swing is a religious experience
for me, though maybe not to some,
they need to look the other way
and ponder their good Christian morals...

Today, it's an alien world we live in...
what if Julie Bass' husband was off fighting in Iraq
and this was her victory garden, a place of solace
and need for cheap, wholesome food...would the
city gestapo be so anxious to jail her then...
probably,
people in power have the need to bully,
to pick on the little people for their own amusement...Linkwill this ever change?
Natural News