Friday, January 27, 2012

The rest of the story...

 ...and while shopping at Sisters' the other day,
you know when you walk into an antique shop
and something catches your eye
and you are smitten...well...
this is that piece...

 Barb and I did a little horse tradin' again...
I have always wanted a fireplace mantle,
but the prices for them are way out of my budget.

 but this shelf was right inside the door of the shop
and stopped me dead in my tracks...
and who knows, maybe someday I'll find the 
right boards to match and make my own mantle.
But isn't it funny how one lil' piece will completely
transform the look of a room, very cottagy
and right outta Country Living magazine, huh!

 Another piece I'll never part with,
is this beautiful structure, the backsplash 
from an old buffet, it makes a perfect display piece...

But adding the chicken to the setting
was the icing on the cake...
it TOTALLY made the room look like a cottage
of old, my home sweet home...
the lil' pink shack!