Sunday, November 24, 2013

Faux...fire...

 We're starting to get some really cold temps
 here in Iowa, but I'm gonna make it a whole
lot warmer...I made me a quicky fireplace...

 I had this really cool buffet mantel I thought
would be a great fireplace surround...
I also had two leaves from an old table in storage...
so I just stuck them behind the mantel, then
washed them with a tan paint wash to match the mantel.

 I'll be looking for a pair of corbels to attach to
the mantel to connect the buffet top to the table leaves.
I also had this old wood stove out in my shop
that I've been wanting to turn into a candle stand...

Putting three candles inside puts out quite
a bit of heat out of the flew hole,
plus gives that glow of a fire that we all love
in the winter...using repurposed junk and
a bit of ingenuity, I got me some ambiance...

9 comments:

Linda Wolf said...

Brilliant!

Lola Enchanted said...

Your amazing.. You've got real talent girl!!! :)

Gayle said...

clever!

cold here too......

not liking it!

Mary Pernula said...

You go girl, love it!!!!

Brandon Woline said...

Love it! So cozy!!!

bill kooper said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Laura Madalene said...

You have master mind to create it. Really you did a great job, carry on. Home Decor Ideas

Kathleen said...

Oh I love this!!!

Bohemian said...

What a Brilliant Idea, looks so Cozy and Warm! We're fortunate that here in the AZ Desert we're still enjoying warm weather, but we'll be envying you all come Summer! *winks*

Happy New Year from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian