Monday, January 27, 2014

Pink into Spring...with faux chalk paint on the cheap...

Yes, again I've made my own chalk
paint for this project...
1 cup hot water
1 cup plaster of Paris
3 cups paint (flat)

This is the before shot, pretty but
it won't sell as is, stains, water marks and
broken veneer...sooo...

First I paint the whole piece with the pink,
two coats, then when dry I brush on
a wash of white paint,
water and a few brush fulls of white  paint...
stir...

Then when the wash is almost dry, I wipe off
with a wet terry rag, leaving this in some areas,
lighter in others...

 Then I run the sander lightly over the
 whole piece...

 Then wax with Johnson's paste wax...TAH DAH...

Proving again that you don't need an
overpriced paint to achieve the same effect...

4 comments:

Susie said...

Sharon, You crafty girl...I bet that paint is as good as "you know who's" It sure looks good. I have been thinking of you and you daughter...we have had some very nasty weather and I know you get it in your area also. Be safe. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

Bohemian said...

I recently bought some Milk Paint and will probably spend most of Spring slapping Paint on Rescued Old Pieces in need of a make-over. You're so clever Creating your own Custom Paints... thanks for the Recipe!

Blessings from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian

Natsu Uaganda said...

Get Hourly profit for 200 hours on every hour without any risk and without any work, best business plans ever
AllTimeProfit.com

Susie said...

Sharon, I know this is an old post....but I have been worried about you. Hope you are well. xoxo,Susie