Tuesday, October 2, 2012

SAD...


Yup, it's sad, but Manley's have been in the biz
for many years and want to retire...
sorta...

The sale will be going on till the 20th,
great deals to be had throughout the store...

 Still lots of cool stuff, I'm sure gonna miss 'um...

 and all the cool vignettes LeeAnn comes up with,

 She's one of the best in the biz and has a great eye
for the primitives...

One of Muscatine's best shops, they will be sorely missed...
but they will still be doing their booth at another shop
in Galesburg...you can never really get out of it...
it's in the blood!

4 comments:

Linda Wolf said...

Wonder how long it will be before shops like this will be a thing of the past. The focus of antique stores is really changing.

Iowa has the best antiquing hands down! I was in heaven when I lived there.

Hope you're enjoying the Halloween season. Love your blog!

house things said...

Oh no...I never made it their store. I see quite a few things I'd like. Wonder if I can make it there before the 20th.

Bohemian said...

I can relate to your sentiments. Over the years we have had too many of our small business Favorite Haunts reach the Season where either Retirement or Economic Reasons meant that Closure of that establishment happened. They are always sorely missed and can never really be replicated because of the individuality and uniqueness of each business and the Essence the Owners imparted to it. You just don't get that in big Corporations. At least we can retain the Memories. And in this case, the Owners are still doing something in the realm of their area of Joy and expertise that have Blessed so many. I Hope that this new Chapter in their Journey is successful and fulfilling. It is so hard to totally Retire... I've been popping in and out of semi-retirement for years now! *LOL* You're right... whatever you are Purposed to do is in the blood and DNA and we feel compelled to continue in one form or another.

Blessings from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian

time worn interiors said...

I am very sad that Manley's is going out of business! That was one of my favorite places to shop when I came to Iowa! Of course I haven't been there in so long I feel bad! I'm happy they are gonna retire though!

tot