Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Black n white...rogue...

There's just something about black and white
shots that appeal to me...they just look
so vintage and weathered...mysterious!

Sorta like you just walked into a
time capsule...granny's house, old, musty
and full of fantasy...yet sorta creepy...
like an ol' timey photo, right?!

This is the new(old) buffet I scored
the other day, so perfect for my lil' shack
of oddities, to die for huh...
lol, I just noticed Scratchy's ears at the
bottom of the shot...and the book covers
match the colors in the lamp base...
I love it when that happens!

I just like pushing all the buttons
of tradition, so Bohemian, so Darwin-ish,
so me...the wild thing, gone rogue...

6 comments:

Linda Wolf said...

Fantastic! Great cabinet. Thanks for sharing some of your wonderful oddities in black and white. I love your uniques sense of style.

donna baker said...

Long time no see. How's it going Sharon? Got the garden planted?

Anonymous said...

When I was a kid back in the 60's my mom picked out wallpaper exactly like that for my bedroom,gloomy is a good word. So happy to be reading your posts again,how are the chickens? Any babies yet? Sylvia

sassytrash said...

Hi Sharon...how nice your Ma is moving back!! It'll be good to have her closer! Fla is getting too crowded anyway...not the same place we remember. Good to see you posting...mine are few and far between. Have a great summer!

Connie said...

Very cool staging and love the black and white . . . perfection :)

Eccentricities said...

They're creepy and they're cooky
Mysterious and spooky
They're off together ookey
The Adams Family

Love it all!!!!!
XO