Monday, March 13, 2017

And so it begins...

 Well y'all...my adventures begin...
Soon to be my forever home...
I have become the Tasha Tudor of the swamp.

 Not a great photo, but one of the reasons
I said yes...the fireplace...



 I am a gardener from way back, so this
tropical paradise really appeals to me,
especially the fact that it's here all year long,
12 months a year, REALLY appeals to me...

 This funky oak tree will be perfect to hang my monkey
bird feeder on, it's big so it needs sturdy limbs...
an oak should do it...

 My monkey bird feeder...

 Little grottos are everywhere, the former owner
was a gardener and was thrilled that I loved his plantings...
and grottos...

 My tropical bar, the deck out in the yard,
who needs a trip to the islands when I can
walk right out my back door...

Now I ask you, could you resist...
a tropical paradise, on a lake, in Florida,
in the jungle...I'm home...
the closing is the end of March...SIGH...

5 comments:

donna baker said...

Sharon, I am so happy for you. There is a time.... I think you made the perfect choice for this chapter in life and you'll be very happy making it your own little paradise. I'm kind of jealous. I'm not a cold person so I think you can't beat FL. Now, moving is another story. Just hire someone to pack it all up and move it. An extravagance you will love and have the energy to do the fun part. Happy trails and keep us posted on FL.

Connie said...

I am delighted for you, if this is your dream . . . I would be afraid of alligators coming out of that lake. My little dog would look like a steak to one of them. It will be fun to see what you do with the house and garden.
Have a wonderful week.
Connie :)

sassytrash said...

Whaaaa? How totally cool!!!! I'm right behind ya girl. Would love to know what area you are in--I pretty much cover the state on my trips down to see Ma (now 90) and would love to cross paths someday! Best of luck!!

suzeeez said...

Congratulations ...please keep posting so we can follow your journey.

racheld said...

Awwww---I could tell this was the way you were leaning, simply by the way you described your Florida place. Sounds like heaven for a gardener who has such a touch with all plants and decor, as well.

It's lovely to see someone following a dream, so I look forward to seeing your journey step by step.

rachel.