Monday, May 15, 2017

Progress in paradise...

 I love my little kitchen, sunshine every morning...

 Perfect lil' stools found at Good Will,
two inside, two outside...

 Must have farm table for the carport,
loving it to work on...and the painting
has begun, as the Lil' Pink House saga continues...

 The Doobs loves the upstairs bedroom, it has
become my 2nd level studio...or the place that
hides all my crap...

 A fun score at a shop in Arcadia, gotta
love rusty stuff...

 Needed a cupboard for my undies,
this one was perfect, painted aqua, it adds
that Mediterranean feel I want...

 Doobie spends a lotta time in the porch,
lots of lizards to keep her focused...lol...

 One wall painted, 3 to go...ugh...

 A gator on the lake...come on...
it's Florida...

My lil' piece of paradise...home...

5 comments:

donna baker said...

I love your updates. It really is all coming together. Love what you've done so far. It really is your own little paradise. I wondered if you'd had any anacondas or gators happen by yet then saw your picture. Looks just like a Florida bungalow already.

racheld said...

Oh, what a glimpse of your new Heaven!

That Spanish moss just calls my heart---we lived up in the Mississippi Delta, and every time we went South, I'd scramble a few bits into my train case to take home. No matter my dreams of the green-shrouded romance of that beautiful stuff, nor the heat or humidity, no matter how carefully I situated it in our huge old trees, not a smitch grew for me.

And I hope you've read Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings' CROSS CREEK. It's absolutely mesmerizing, in her tales of the Florida folk and landscapes, all curtained with great swoops of that mysterious, enchanting moss. The movie is simply marvelous, as well---I hope you read/watch sometime.

And PORCH! Every Paradise has a porch.

rachel

Bohemian said...

I'm so excited for you as you begin this new adventure in Paradise! Dawn... The Bohemian

Susie said...

Sharon, It has been a long time since I have visited....so I am hoping this goes thru to you. I hope you are safe, as the hurricane is hitting Florida now. You are a brave and daring woman. Blessings, xoxo, Susie
p.s. no more snows for you.

Bohemian said...

I am hopeful you are Safe after Irma? And that your new slice of paradise weathered any storms well?