Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Horse traders in decrepit decay...

 I love that term...right...
Lorie and I traded goods the other day,
I had a sweet pair of white chippy shutters,
well she snagged on them before I could get a picture...
hey, that's what it's all about, right!

 Sweet huh...
gotta love this old stuff, huh...
the mix of elegant Victorian turned ugly.
I am SOOOO having fun with this new trend!

 Can you say ADDICTION...
can you imagine what my dog grooming customers
think when they walk in my front door...LOL!

 can you say FUNKY...

 Can you say LEAN IT AGAINST SUMTHIN...
or it'll fall over...

What is it with us junkers, we crave neglect,
we adore decrepit...
are we cracked in the head???
SWEET!

8 comments:

MARY PERNULA said...

I love your style!!! I am a firm believer you cares what other's say, do your thing honey it works. Hugs Mary

jill said...

Love your chair and table looks a nice place to cuddle up in.Love Jill xx

Ashes and Crimson Roses said...

Love the victorian couch and new table, perfect fit together i'd say! ;) 'll have to come see the rest of your house sometime! hehehe...
luv ya!
sarah

time worn interiors said...

Who cares what dog grooming customers think! Can you imagine what there houses look like! I love that you are cracked in the head! Of course I'm right on your heels!

Love that table on the porch!

tot

Susie said...

Sharon,
I can only say "febreze".:):) Is the couch stuffed with horse hair, or straw?? ,something like that. Don't you wonder where all that old piece has been. Things with history, right. You'll take care of it.Smiles, Susie

Buttonchief7 said...

It's great there are people like us who appreciate old, lovely things. You couldn't give me a piece of Ikea furniture. ;-)

nana_ang_poppaphil said...

If it works for you then you just keep on doing it..I love your look.

I have to say your title of the post left me a little concerned

I imagined all these skeletons with cowboy style clothes on in all sorts of decay and on display....

Bohemian said...

Good Lord I LOVE it ALL... but that Sofa... couldn't be more perfect! Yes, I too crave the decrepid benign neglect look... my kids and G-kids sometimes feel the need to explain to their Friends that NO, we're not that Poor, she just likes it that way! *LOL* Lucky for me I've never cared what people think of my eclectic eccentric tastes. *Winks*

Dawn... The Bohemian