Wednesday, January 4, 2012

A new booth...a new playground...

 Always the drifter, I've finally gotten a space at
The Junk Asylum
some of my gatherings to head that direction...

 I've always sold my soaps up there, but have decided to
display them all in settings, so a booth
will be created...

 To start, the soaps will all be done in beautiful spring pastels,
many displayed in crisp white chamber pots...

 the rest will go into my big ol' cupboard
that everyone wants to buy, but when you find the 
perfect display piece you hate to give it up,
me and that cupboard have history, I've dragged it all over
Iowa, but now it resides here...

Wish me luck, as another adventure for this 
wild thing unfolds...
end results will be posted Friday!

10 comments:

outjunking said...

I love the name of the antique shop. That's a name that will get attention. I have follow your blog for sometime and you have a great eye for this adventure.
Good luck,
Lisa

Vintage Green said...

You'll do great! You have a great eye for good junk! And I can see why everyone wants that cupboard!!

nana_ang_poppaphil said...

I'm with the others, you will do fine, and your eye for stock is awesome. Look forward to seeing how the displays change with the year.

cconz said...

Good luck sweet girl! You'll do great I'm am sure. I still have to get down there.(junk asylum)

Eccentricities said...

If you're doing it, it's gonna be great. Duh.

XO
Goth

trash talk said...

I can't think of a better name for a shop that you'll be in than that...you wild woman of I-Oh-Way!
I make it a rule to never sell a piece that pays it's own way...never!
Good luck.
Deb

MARY PERNULA said...

Good Luck in 2012! Love the new blog photo background. Hugs Mary

Steph said...

Love the set up... showing your soft side, eh! ;)
And tell you what... those green leaves on your blog they do me good... won't see them in real life before the end of April...

Happy New Year to you!
xoxox

word verifecation : goreci... short for gorecity? ;)

Steph said...

verifecation ... lol guess I'm taking a bad road lol ... damn typos!

Bohemian said...

May your new Venture and Adventure be a prosperous and fun one! Loving your display... that would definitely draw me in! Had to smile at your candid sharing of holding onto the perfect display piece. There was a booth at a fav Antique Mall that had a piece like that for display and I lusted after it for years... FINALLY they decided to sell it and I couldn't contain my excitement that it would finally be mine, all mine! It took a huge Samoan Friend of ours to be able to move the darn thing though, nobody else could budge it... it was MUCH heavier than it looked and navigating it through the rooms and narrow doorways of this Old House was quite the adventure! It will have to remain exactly where it now sits FOREVER because we're not going thru that again! *LOL*

Congrats on your new Booth... play away... Dawn... The Bohemian