Monday, June 6, 2011

I heart chickens...

Check out just to the right of the fountain...
see anything out of place...

Brandon, Brandon, Brandon...
sneaky lil' shit...
he flew the coop in search of better hunting grounds!
I always have a 6th sense about my birds,
I let them out of the coop into their front yard
every morning when I'm gonna be home,
they just peck around, but I had a feeling this morning
that something was amiss...

Brandon and his best bud 'Goth' were strolling together,
partners in crime, but all I have to do is walk to
the hen yard and they follow me back
and run inside...they just don't run off like you
might think...hey, they know who feeds them!!!
Free range chickens...SWEET!!!

Brandon and Goth...life is good!!!

10 comments:

~Sheri~ said...

Ha.....that made me smile :)

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

You have a chicken named "Brandon", too funny!

Vintage Green said...

Maaybe Brandon and Goth should git while "the gitten" is good?!!

time worn interiors said...

Did you have to chase him? Now that would be a funny sight!
tot

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

Out of place?? Nope..I see nothing out of place..as a matter of fact..it's a PERFECT place! Sooo fun!!

Susie said...

OH THANK YOU SHARON, YOU MADE ME LAUGH OUT LOUD, TALKING ABOUT THAT BRANDON. I OFTEN HAVE WONDERED IF CHICKENS RAN AWAY FROM HOME...I'VE SEEN THEM IN FIELDS AND ALL OVER THEIR OWNERS YARDS, WALKING AROUND FREE. SMILES TO YOU, SUSIE

T said...

Maybe he was getting ready to take a swim! How cute.

trash talk said...

Sharon,
Maybe they were playing a little game of "chicken" with you!
I want chickens, but C.D. says no. I think having them around would be a hoot...or maybe a cackle.
Deb

hollyhock garden antiques said...

love chickens our chicken house has a lean to it it has some posts holding it up i have a lot to do! i dont get to use the computer and want to be faster at it when i do thank you hope to open the new shop some time lol

Greyscale Territory said...

Adore the names of your chickens! And love those markings on them!