Monday, June 13, 2011

A project in the making...

I had these great ol' windows that came out of an old
house I once owned and I wanted to use them somehow...
so I started with a couple of treated posts
and a couple o treated 2x4's...
I heart my post-hole digger!!!

Turned out pretty spiffy huh...
I wanted a little privacy fence of sorts
and a wind break, we'd always used them as a screen
in the shop, but I knew just where they would go...

The backside faces the highway...
after consulting with TOT
(my personal design(FREE)consultant)
on which side to place them,
we decided that it was more important for me to see
the good side then the highway traffic...right!
I will be painting it white like the arbor,
but the wood is a little too wet to paint right now.

I love the greenhouse effect it gives to the yard,
plus when we're sitting out there, it gives a little privacy
AND it slows the noise a bit...
now to plant and place junk,
still not sure where the buggy will be best suited,
BTW, Craigsmith thinks it might have been an
old doctor's buggy, now, as Theresa suggests, I need an
old doctor's bag filled with flowers...right!

Just had to show you my new work table I got at the
Salvation Army for TEN BUCKS...
SWEET HUH...and it has a tiled top great for working on!
Sorry, am I having too much fun...heehee!!!
Hey, it's summer!

7 comments:

time worn interiors said...

Way to cool, I love them! Girl when you get something in your mind you go for it! I think I would string some kinda of wire on the back and grow some of those cool vines like you gave me? whatca think bout that?
sister tot

Vintage Green said...

Can't believe what a difference those windows make! Nice to have more privacy.

I can't wait to see what /where you do with that sweet buggy.

As for design advice....I don't think you really need it, but if you are going to have some , I'd say she's one of the best!!

Take care............
Gayle

Gemma Wiseman said...

Great screening effect! What about some sweet perfumes of jasmine climbing there! The winds would blow a great aura round your entrance way!

cconz said...

That is so SWEEET sharon! You are a driven woman. No waiting till tomorrow what you can today.Say, I got something very special from gayle of vintage green. You will love it.

Paula Scott said...

That is an AWESOME wind breaker!! You could have fun painting the side that faces the highway (like, why stop at white??).
You heart our post hole digger?? You are one strong woman!! My days are gone as far as using that handy thing!
You go, girl!

Susie said...

HI SHARON,
I LOVE DIGGING POST HOLES TOO. DON'T KNOW WHY, GUESS JUST BECAUSE I CAN. DO YOU SLEEP IN YOUR WORKING DUDS?? SEEMS YOU MAKE SOMETHING NEW EVERYDAY.:):) LOVE IT. I ALSO LOVED THE SHAPE OF THE WINDOWS. SWEET. SMILES TO YOU MY FRIEND,SUSIE

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

I've always though the "good" side of things is meant for US to see..yea..it is FUN!!

Love the table..$10? Seriously? Good find :-)