Thursday, April 12, 2012

Gypsy Moth Antiques...

 Love, love, love the purple walls...
are ya ready for some color,
well we definitely are...

 Everything just pops against it,
it's a youthful, playful atmosphere
where we're pushing the limits,
decorating is fun when you're not
afraid to live on the edge...


 Then there's the pink walls,
they are just to die for...

 The green slag glass windows
are fabulous with both colors
and this wardrobe is sooo Bohemian...



You just have to see this to believe it,
sure the sofa will sit in front of the wardrobe,
but why when you can create mystery
and enchantment...
DON'T DO THIS AT HOME
And no this isn't a new shop,
but a room in the Junk Asylum that Lorie
 and I share...but who knows what the
future will bring...
gaze into the crystal ball at
 Gypsy Moth Antiques
in Eldridge, Iowa.

8 comments:

figgy said...

Oh my. Delicious, enchanting colourful decadence. Yum.
Beautiful Bohemian style - ageless and fearless.
I am just about to paint my studio wall aubergine with washes of deep claret over the top. Can't wait to see how rich it turns out.
Sigh. If I didn't live over the seas, I think I would regularly haunt Gypsy Moth Antiques :)

Anonymous said...

Why did you name it after such a horrible and destructive insect?

A Wild Thing said...

Everything has a purpose in the natural scheme of things...why is man such a horrible destructive creature, yet beautiful in so many ways.

Gayle said...

Wow! Love the color, love the wardrobe, need that empty frame!!! The upended couch should grab peoples attention.Great display!

house things said...

Wow...How fun! Everything looks so good. I see some things I need. Keep having fun!

cconz said...

Looking grand Sharon,your right on about destructive man....don't know if i'llbe there this weekend, showing the building to someone.(selling it) or at least trying to. I like that top suitcase.

Alicia Sotherland said...

Omg!! love the colors.. I can't tell you how tired I am of white and white walls!! the ceiling in my living room is Aubergine ( Figgy I also am going to paint a room Aubergine like you!) I also have Teal on my walls.. I love it!! and what a great space you have.. If only I could put my couch like that in my living room .. not practical.. but very creative!

Jackie said...

gimme, gimme, gimme!!!!
jackie
bliss farm antiques