Wednesday, April 4, 2012

A tradeoff...what to do...

 My husband never wanted me to plant
lilac bushes, saying they spread and
 are hard to get rid of...but, but...
so when I bought my 'divorce house',
the first thing I planted was a start
from a wild lilac bush. It's taken 10 years,
but it's finally blooming and getting bigger...
spreading...HEH HEH...

 Another problem,
the 'wild honeysuckle bush'...
I just found out that they are invasive,
after I planted a row of them.
OK, so now the trade-off...
I want privacy from the 4-lane
and I want it fast, I want a wind break
and a sound barrier
and I want it now...

These are the bushes I planted in my
front yard 3 years ago, they are
over 10 feet tall and as you can see,
they give plenty of privacy...
and they give me fragrant blossoms
and the birds a red berry...
and the girls love to grub bugs
in their shade...
they're staying,
nuff said!

2 comments:

Kathy said...

My hens love thier hedgerow of wild honeysuckle. The bushes have been there for decades, are haven't spread beyond the original hedgerow here in Michigan. Enjoy!

Alicia Sotherland said...

You can plant whatever the hell you want. And wherever the hell you want it. Thats a great feeling isn't it?