Friday, November 12, 2010

Let me show you beauty...

A sunrise reflection out my kitchen window...

This is what lures me outside every morn,
as the sun peeks over the horizon,
it glistens and gazes at itself
in my secret garden door

Yet still another beauty, it called my name...
a little glue, a little orange glow
and this beauty is ready to grace the shop...
I better try it on fer size first in the chateau...
heehee!

Another beauty...
remember the old green velvet rocker that
I painted the fabric on...well, whataya think...
Oh and by the way, we have a new crazy girl at the Candle Shed,
Sue...and to my surprise, she does upholstery...
did I say WOWZA!!!
I gave her this chair to do,
she took it home and brought it back the next day!!!
I FREAKED!!!
It is fabulous, she even made the sweet lil' bolster too...
boy am I gonna have fun with this gal!!!
She is GOOD!!!

Ahhh, yes, the beauty of rust and grey,
simply must haves...
who could resist!

Did I mention that I'm a Ford kinda gal...
gimme a Ford truck any ol' day
and I'm a happy camper/junker!
I couldn't resist this old trunk latch...
it called my name!

I love it when that happens!!!

12 comments:

time-worn interiors said...

Loving those stools!
Theresa
aka:TOT

summersundays-jw said...

Wish I had an upholsterer friend. Love your chairs & love your pictures of your doors at sunset. Have a great weekend. Jan

Jeanine Burkhardt said...

YOU come up with the BeSt of Nature & Shabbies!!! I too would have snatched up those STooLs...
Jeanine, ChiPPy!-SHaBBy!

MARY PERNULA said...

Lovely photo's, and the chairs you have re purposed turned out so awesome. HUGS MARY

trash talk said...

Those doors make my heart skip a beat! Call me a fool, but I love car parts!
Debbie

Nank said...

Those photos of the sunrise in your windows (especially the kitchen one) are FABULOUS!!!! If I saw them in a shop framed for sale I would definitely buy them! Nancy

Lori R. said...

WOW!!! Isn't it amazing how many objects know your name!!! and can call you!!!
I too am amazed at that white rocker Sue did. So much, that I just bought material and am going to haul a few chairs to her the first of next week... Oh Sue, we love you ♥

Greyscale Territory said...

O those first two photos of morning light are magical! And then there is more beauty to follow! Delightful post!

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

Are you kiddin' me with those first photos?! Those are freekin' amazing!!! They need to be made into wall hangings..seriously! Beautiful....

Golden West said...

That first photograph is one of your best ever, Sharon - outstanding!

Spring will be here soon enough - just think of all the projects you'll be able to move forward from the comfort of home while the snow flies...

Jackie said...

Those pictures of your window and doors are amazing. You should print them and sell them. In fact, consider this an order...how do I get a copy?
jackie
bliss farm antiques

figgy said...

Wow. That second shot of the trees in the doors is awesome! So Tim Burton-ish :)