Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Pondering under a full moon...

When the proverbial tomboy, meets a flower girl,
there's a spark...
I met(on blog) a beautiful soul, Kim,
over in Phoenix, her blog...
Sweet Sage Vintage

She is a lover of feline,
I, a lover of canine,
but there was something about her that I felt akin to on her blog,
she has a beautiful soul.
Very feminine, with roses and laces
bedecking her world,
a world of Shabby Chic and Victorian splendor...
I, a world of taxidermy, old bones and oddities,
dark velvets and tea stained artifacts...
yet there was a bond.

Thanks Kim for stopping by
and sharing the bond of antiquity
and soul searching
in this wonderful world called...
BLOG!

ps: love the Moody Blues song!
Reminds me of lost youth and hippy days...

5 comments:

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

They say opposites attract..but in this case, I see you BOTH have lovely souls and lovely blogs..so maybe you're not that different from each other :-) In case I don;t get back to you before turkey day..all the best to the Iowa contingency!

time-worn interiors said...

What full moon? Where you bent over looking in the mirror? Ha! Ha! Love you girl!
Theresa
aka:TOT

Sweet Sage said...

Sweet Sharon~
I am touched beyond words...
but here are a few :) ..
I've quite long admired your blog .. for its un~matched and abundant beauty, eye~candy extraordinaire .. and for your beautiful ability to 'express' what I so wish I could. I feel our tastes are not so different at all .. perhaps only in how we 'portray' them. Our palettes are perhaps a bit opposite, but our LoVe for the vintage, antique, and 'odd' is quite the same.
I visit here each day and without fail leave completely refreshed and inspired. I so admire your words, your art, the photos, the expressions of your heart. The way you view life itself ..
you are a beautiful soul to which I, for some reason, drew to from my very first visit here. So nice to finally 'meet' you .. and may ours be a blog~bond that will only thicken with time ..
I had placed your most recent Shadow Shot on my desktop so I could fully absorb its beauty and warmth .. . can not even begin to tell you how much I miss true seasons, and this photo sooooo speaks to me .. COMFORTS me. Thanks.. keep them coming :)
Have a warm and wonderful day.
I am off now to prune my autumn roses. And dream of one day painting this shabby little cottage PINK!
Bless You, Sharon...
Your kind gesture has TRULY made my day :)
kim

nana_ang_poppaphil said...

Wonderful post, and you both have awesome blogs.

I love watching what you are doing with your little patch of the world.

The Feathered Nest said...

THIS my sweet friends is why blogging is WONDERFUL!!!! We find such beautiful kindred spirits here ~ I love you both!!!! hugs and love, Dawn