Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Sad it's over...

Halloween...right...
it's the one time of year when everyone doesn't say...
ewww, that's creepy.

You can display your strange and no one thinks any different of you...
right???

Creepy crawlies are the norm on Halloween, but what's wrong
with November or even August to display the strange...

Like a turkey head and the Eiffel tower...
nothing odd to me...

The back...

The front...
OK, nothing strange about this, 'cept I just bought this
gorgeous lamp from the Salvation Army for $12.00
and it's wired!

All I can say is, I love strange...
I'll blame it on my artistic side.
Artists can get away with murder...
it's called creative ventures into the unknown.
It's just pushing the limits for me,
the boundary beyond...
the twilight zone.

11 comments:

nana_ang_poppaphil said...

Now those are some creepy looking animals for sure.

Love the lamp, good buy.

willow said...

Ah, kindred spirits, we.

time-worn interiors said...

Hey sis! you know I like you just the way you are! And that means all the creepy stuff!

See you soon!

Theresa
aka:nut

MARY PERNULA said...

Weird or not to other's, I like it all my kindred friend. HUGS MARY

cconz said...

Old stuff with style!! I love it all! I really love Mr. Iguana.

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

Yeeeeah..love ya like a sister...but can't get into the creepy crawlies...EEK! Glad though that you CAN use them all year..after all, it's YOUR world too! :-)

Kathy said...

This is exactly why I love your blogs... I can sweet, pretty and predictable vintage stuff everywhere. Here is where I can always encounter intriquing, unusual, and delightfully decrepit vintage treasures!

Tilda said...

Sheeessshhhh. If I had known you had a fondness for snakes, I would have glued Fritz the Anaconda back together (ya, RIGHT!!!) and sent him to you.
in fondest. Tilda
snake hater

Lori R. said...

Only you would see the beauty of a stuffed snake or turkey head!!! but that is why we love ya!!!

Eccentricities said...

AMEN, mama!!! You know you're into the Strange when your friends compliment you on your Halloween decor, but it's stuff that stays out all year long!!!! Ha!!

Jackie said...

You are hilarious!!!!!!!!!