Friday, December 17, 2010

A snow days' results...

Well, me and Scratchy were bored out of our minds yesterday
so we decided to move some furniture around...
again...
and play on the blog...did you notice!

...and we actually decorated a bit...
I'm not big on Christmas or decorating for it,
so the lil' string of lights is about it...
what do you mean 'where is it'...
it's in a bunch in the center of the old parlor lamp,
easy peasy!

Love this old chair, but the heathen was scratching
it up a bit(shredding it)
every time a dog or cat came into her space...
so I moved it into the other room,
a calm place to sit and read
where she doesn't hog it all!

Then of course, the wall of shame... now moved to the other room,
I can focus on the dark side...
oh I lament...
all the taxidermy I have sold over the years,
purge is good right,
time to start anew...
I want to construct some sort of a fireplace surround
out of this piece, I just haven't found the right components
YET~~~
Now the search is on for the full body human skeleton...
heehee!

...and of course my mantra
and I truly take it to heart...

...as well as my other me...
be well my friends...
is it Spring yet!

9 comments:

time worn interiors said...

I like your new look, in the house and on the blog! I love that spread on the sofa! Are you gonna sell that? Girl, you are gonna wear the legs down on that furniture moving it so much! lol! Hoping I can stay in the house today and clean some! Or not! lol!
Theresa
aka:tot

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

Love the picture on your side bar of Scratchy in his Christmas hat! If you did no other decorating that that, it would still be perfect!

Stay warm and give Santa, uh, Scratchy a hug from Utah!

summersundays-jw said...

Hate to tell you but I think it (winter) just started. I did just get my first seed catalogue. You & Scratchy have a great weekend. Jan

MARY PERNULA said...

Love the chair and ottoman.............this space would intice me to sit and read. HUGS MARY

simplyiowa said...

Hey Sharon...
Thanks for stopping by the blog... and...Thanks for the Lovely Greeting...
I visited your post, yesterday, but was called away, before I could comment...
Your Home, is...Amazing... Soulful... and...Perfect... You are very Blessed...
My Love to You...
Happy Holidays, to You, and Yours...
Barb C.

cconz said...

Love the stuffed animal look, i'm still waiting for the book "Tribal victorian salvage"

Sisters' Garden and Bloom said...

I never get tired of looking at your "house" pictures!!...no matter how you change it up---it always looks awesome!!....be merry....Barb

nana_ang_poppaphil said...

I like you new look too, your Blog looks great.

I always love looking at your house it's always so different.

Scratchy looks very cute in his Santa hat.

donna baker said...

Sharon, you are a natural - the blog looks great. I went from decorating the rafters, windows, you name it to not decorating. Is it our age? I think it must be. Merry Christmas, Sharon.