Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Been a busy goil...

I have the cutest lil' country back porch, about an 8x12,
but it's been buried in boxes and stuff since I moved
back from Florida...

Enough is enough...
though this porch faces the 4-lane, it also gives the most
panoramic views of the sky when storms
are on the prowl...and a great sunny place
for a cup of java or an ice cold beer after a day's labor,
for medicinal purposes only...

Yet the old kitchen cupboard is filled AND ORGANIZED
with many of my candle supplies...
out of sight, out of mind!
For so many years this has been the catch all,
but when I couldn't walk through it anymore,
my decorator's drive was at it again!
It's been so cold...STILL...
that my walnut trees are still leafless,
so I work inside...sounds like a plan, huh!

I finally have that room with a view,
to tell me when the grass needs bailin'
and the crops need harvestin'...
or...just nuthin' at all!!!
Sigh...

9 comments:

Greyscale Territory said...

O wow! Love this little view outside! I didn't realise that you had this secret area! I always thi nk of your front porch and swing! It's emerging beautifully!

time worn interiors said...

OMGoodness you have been busy! I had no idea the porch was that big! wow! It looks great!
Tot

summersundays-jw said...

Love your back porch. Sooner or later, we'll be able to use them. I'm afraid we'll wake one morning to 95 degrees & no spring -- what's with this weather!!!!! Enjoy that porch -- & your ice cold one.

Vintage Green said...

Looks like the perfect little country porch...filled with happy plants. I see you have tomatoes going......it has been raining so hard, and so much here that anything I plant better have flippers!!

T said...

How nice is that. Wow...you have been on a roll. Wish I could get myself on a roll. The view is fabulous. We are back to HOT weather here in Southern California. The weather has been so crazy. Wish I had a porch.

Tilda said...

....i'm with summersundays. little spring. i wait for 6 months for spring, and it does not come. the only signs are the final lack of snow. and even that could be iffy.
we will go right from the now 100+ days of March (where WAS APRIL??) to hot summer.
i am having the snow tires taken off tomorrow....so ANYTHING could happen. today i could wear the wools. they are getting pretty sad and holey.

in fondest. Tilda
in Michigan 'springless'

Sylvia Cross said...

hey, you could get a goat for that pasture.I see milk to soap or cheese,as if you did'nt have enough to do.Just a thought.Love that you share your life with us!

cconz said...

Wow Sharon GREAT JOB! When you have a plan, it's full speed ahead. I wish it was you, that was working on our building. HA! 1 more room to occupy is always a good thing. Did i read a comment mention G-o-a-t. Put it on the list. Thanks so much for the goodies sweet friend.

nana_ang_poppaphil said...

Good job, what a lovely view outside. You will love having your "cuppa" there , and who doesn't love a cold beer after a hard days work.