Wednesday, May 9, 2012

A day in the life...

 When I bought my house 10 years ago,
there was just something about the shack
that called to me...it was totally
surrounded by purple iris, they are just
starting to bloom. I have spread them
all over around the house, plus many
other varieties that were found in ditches
from homesteads all over my 
neck o the woods.

 The girls love it when I get the grass
mowed, so many bugs, so little time!

 There's just something warm and fuzzy
about fresh mowed grass...

 Boy, you can really see the turnips now
and seven lil' buds of asparagus
have peeked through the ground...
sweet!

 I love late afternoon sunshine...

Putting the girls to bed...
and the end to a perfect day!

9 comments:

sweetvintageofmine said...

My kind of day! From one sweetie to another....Roxie

Gayle said...

My Grandma and my Uncle had an iris farm...sold bulbs, even developed new varieties.So they
are special to me. Your garden gate turned out great!

nana_ang_poppaphil said...

What a great day, it looks so nice and warm over at your house, and your Iris' look stunning.

time worn interiors said...

I can see you are right where you need to be in address and life!
tot

angelandspot said...

I sure miss my chickens and living in the country. The place we are at now doesn't even have iris but luckily my neighbor lets me come photograph her garden.

Winkel's Crazy Ideas said...

absolutely perfect end to the day, and one can`t get much better than the smell of freshly mowed grass! Hope you have a great weekend, Pam

Susie said...

Have a Happy Mother's Day Wild Thing. :):) Girl that garden is looking great. I know you are going to be showing some of your fresh veggie soon. Smiles, Susie

Jamie said...

Adorable house and cute gardens. Love the chicken coop.

Linda said...

LOL sounds like my place...I just had some compost delivered & my girls had a bug fest too...I love the little coop and the grounds...
Those irises are beautiful....

Happy Mom's Day Wild Thing!!! :)