Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Future fruits of my labor...

 Strawberries going to town...they get put
 in the freezer for power shakes in
the winter and a few batches of jams too...

 Peas...my husband is laughing down at me
and my attempts at straight rows,
just can't do it, even with a string line...
it's a blond thing,
that's my story and I'm stickin to it!

 turnips...

 the rhubarb survived the frosts unscathed...

 Brussel's sprouts and the damned
tree seedlings...

 beets n weeds...been too wet to plow...
the weed sprouts don't die when you
pull them, the next rain revives them...
maybe some sun tomorrow,
then comes the mulch!

 wax and green beans are up...mostly...

and one lowly out of focus asparagus
stalk, I dug 5 plants out of my ditch
and separated into at least 15 separate
hills, hope they all survive, but with as
 much rain and cold we've been getting,
the chances are good.
Yup, too wet to plow, I sink in up to my
ankles in the sandy loam, so have to wait
till the sun comes out, then it'll be time to
 bale(mow) the back forty(6 acres)...
finally, I have my doors open again,
time for my complimentary
glass of wine...right!