Friday, January 29, 2010

I take a walk in the woods...

I have a dilemma here at the Pink Chateau...
to paint or not to paint
Spring is coming soon and
this nester is finding the urge to fluff
is greater than the fear...soooo...
this is where you come in my friends

I want to paint this wonderful old piece weathered white...

and the same with this old dame
the woods a weathered white
set against the antiquity
of the frayed ancient threads...

thus the farm table
part of the swamp
{work table}
would receive it's fair share of change
as the weathered whites
challenge a friend...

So what do you think my decorating friends...this cupboard has been with me for many years and it pulls me between the country woods and the awesome look of the French cottage European flare.

I will paint them all white and glaze the surface giving the ancient ambiance that already graces the original plaster walls of the chateau. I want a new look and Spring is coming
and I need change!!!!!

OK TOT, you've seen it, whattayathink???

Change is coming to the Pink Chateau!
Stay tuned...

15 comments:

simplyiowa said...

Can I come, and stay???
I love it all... Just the way it is... Perfect!
Have a great day, Sharon!
Barb C.

rugcottage@blogspot.com said...

What's the story on your bodacious couch? I love it.

Keep Warm,
Nancy

trash talk said...

Painting and glazing...love it. The detail on the armoire will really pop when the color (or lack there of) is added! What type of glaze do you use?
That sofa is divan, I mean divine!
Debbie

lulu redstar said...

White not? ha ha ha
Have fun! love that sexy little loveseat!

Golden West said...

I'm a fan of the wood. Once you paint it, that's it... You could line the armoire with a cheerful white patterned paper and trim the edges of the shelves with white paper lace, then leave the doors open. I'd give the wood on the sofa a rub down with 000 or 0000 steel wool and coat it with a nice satin lacquer to give it a subtle shine.

You can get white in so many other places - walls, curtains, tablecloths, vases, lamp shades, floral. Painting good antiques is so the point of no return...

Just one person's opinion.

Golden West said...

Forgot to say - love the new header!

donna baker said...

Here's your choice Sharon. Paint em white and if you don't like it, you can always strip them back (that's a joke).

summersundays-jw said...

If the big armoire has been refinished, the value has been affected already so why not.... But if it's the original finish, I'd definitely give it a 2nd thought. The other pieces would be great painted. Looks like you've got some work ahead of you. Jan

cconz said...

I'd say, if you have to paint, paint the armoire. Then paint a cool scene or decoration on top,birds or nature theme. Leave the rest. I love the header too.

cconz said...

Oh, i also love your couch. Please leave it as is. I'll have to post a pic of my pink couch. i know you've never seen it. I call it my whore house couch.

Kelly Aaron Mosaics said...

LOVE the swanky love seat. You always have the best stuff. A darker cream color would be cool for the armoire slathered and wiped down with some Valspar antiquing glaze to really stick in those details. Everything you touch turns gorgeous so I say go for it. (If you ask me, leave the love seat Adam's Family style complete with raccoon pelt and baby doll sans head - dig it!)

Lori R. said...

Well, you know, we cannot weigh against urge. I love the wood tone, but if you have lived with it for quite some time, I can understand your urge. I will just close my eyes!

time-worn interiors said...

I've seen what you can do with a paint brush! Buutttt..........I know how much you've grieved over painting that huge mirror! Buutttt.........I think if you had more things to go with the mirror you would be happier with it! Annddd......you know once you start the painting you won't be able to stop!!! Buuttt........I think a change would make you feel better! I say go for it!
Sister TOT

High Desert Diva said...

Oh...you know me. Not into the whole white thing. But do what makes you happy.

Gerald (Ackworth born) said...

o please don't paint those old pieces of wooden furniture white - their texture should be preserved.