Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Winter in Iowa...

Well, sorta...when you live in the upper Midwest, dreams of moving to warmer climes often enter your mind...as they did the year I moved to Florida. This was my cute lil' retro trailer, my first home in paradise.

This was the living room...all decked out in treasures brought from Iowa and some scored there. First thing I did was rip out the carpet and paint the floors and walls white...ahhhh...

A gravel road to nowhere at my second home...ahhh, peaceful living...

Cypress knees, one of my fave roads to travel...I was in paradise you know...

After hurricane Charlie...weeeeeee....

The nature preserve at the end of my road at the second home...

The sunset of my dreams...maybe someday again...

9 comments:

willow said...

You had that little trailer decorated cute as a button!

sassytrash said...

Gosh, it all looks like home! Do I remember you saying you lived in Arcadia? It resembles the area where my brother built a stilt house near Horse Creek...it was untouched by the hurricane that went directly overhead. I miss the antique shows in Arcadia-I found some good stuff there.

Meadowsweet said...

I have thoroughly enjoyed my visit and plan on returning. Antiques and a pink house too...can't get better than that!
Cheers
Jackie

donna baker said...

That was fun. What a life you've lived. Red sky at night...

storyteller at Sacred Ruminations said...

I've been wondering how you got from Florida to Iowa ... and now I know. Hope you make it back to a warmer place with a lovely view one day but for now where you are is beautiful (if cold).
Hugs and blessings,

Anita said...

Given our impending ice storm, don't you wish we could snap our fingers and be there?

Golden West said...

What fun to go back with you to a place that you loved!

High Desert Diva said...

Good to have the visuals to keep you going during the long winter!

Greyscale Territory said...

Fascinating collection of photos! The trailer especially looks like a magic little nook of the world!