Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Melancholy times...

Melancholy indeed, as I have made a decision to strike out on my own again, I've separated myself from the White girls...the two crazy single girls hopping from one misadventure to another...Lorie's in love, what a perfect time of the year for that and I wish her and Frank all the best that life can offer!

However, this alters my interpretation of THE WHITE GIRLS...no longer partners in the craziness that made us what we were, I've discontinued the White blog and am striking out in the new direction on THE WILD THING blog, this is my jewelry blog. It's morphing into my crazy inner self. Being an artist of the soul, I tend to think a little on the strange side, yet for me this takes a comical twist...some will like and some not, but...

This goes along with my new mantra...IT IS WHAT IT IS...which means it's mine and I own it, you can take it or leave it...this is how it is in my world. Barb(Sisters) and I were discussing this yesterday and felt, what an awesome attitude for the year twentyten...we've been dished all the crap that the government and corporations(and FOX news) can dish out to us and we still prevail...we are the little people...HEAR US ROAR!!!

However, The Junk Asylum still lives on and I want to encourage EVERYONE to go visit Lorie there...IT'S AWESOME! The dealers are all just the greatest! I plan to shop there too!

Lorie is the sweetest person ever and deserves this new chapter in her life...however, this WILD THING can't tolerate to much mush in her life...ewwwwwww...so I'm on the road again, busy with dog groomings, Sister's Garden, helping my daughter rebuild the Candle Shed...then it's the open road for this ol'(whatever)gal...see ya when I get there...

BTW...if you could see the whole picture, the kick stand is down(I'm not stupid)...
and I DON'T read FOX news...ewwwwww...

10 comments:

simplyiowa said...

Oh Sharon...
I know how you feel...Been there...And it's painful... But as I have said, many times before, everything happens for a reason... I believe, in order for us to grow, we are pruned, like a rose bush... It must be painful, for the rose, but without it, it would never grow, and branch out, to be the best it can be...So try and look at this situation, as a little pruning, be thankful, regroup, and keep looking up...
My Love to You...
Barb C.

summersundays-jw said...

You go girl!!!! I love your attitude and I so admire that in other people but it's been hard for me to assume that attitude. After reading one of your previous entries, that's become my new mantra -- I'm trying. You're just so multi-talented that you'll always be able to make a buck. With the dog-grooming, painting techniques, jewelry, junk finding & probably several talents we don't even know about (or want to) you'll get it figured out. You just jump on that bike and come on down to Mo. We'll get it all figured out. It was a yr. ago today that my Mike left me but the sun is shining & I know he's up there watching me & Allison. It's a good day to be alive. Take care Sharon. Jan

Tilda said...

simplyiowa could not have said it better. i second her thoughts. ditto! while we often don't see the whole pictue at the time, and it pains us to lose something we loved, it often frees us to find other greater things. so once again, you are free'd, to explore and to find...
and you will.
in my fondest. tilda

trash talk said...

Three things:
1. You rule your own destiny and the road you travel.
2. You can always count on me to support all your executive decisions.
3. Remember to raise the kick stand before hitting the road...you're not one for standing still or falling over!
Trash

Roses and Lilacs said...

The road (we mapped out so long ago) just keeps turning, doesn't it? And the hills are getting steeper.

I wish them the best and absolutely understand where you are coming from. You gotta do what makes you happy and you gotta do it now. Non of us are getting any younger.

Best wishes, you are often in my thoughts.
Marnie

Greyscale Territory said...

The wild, loner spirit in me has been touched by this post! Follow that wild spirit! There is simply nothing more exhilerating!

Some may think that I am mad, but I have spent the holidays pounding away at writing! This frees me from everything I have to do and let's me just be! Very necessary for survival as I have found out the hard way! And I keep hoping and hoping that this writing + photography will be my money spinner! Then I can leave teaching, which is becoming more and more exhausting and demanding! I just feel like running these days!

So you run for me! I will be the wind right beneath your wings and loving your journey!

SUPER HUGS as always!

donna baker said...

Sharon, Greyscale said it for me too. Run for me. Someday I'll have the nerve to make changes I need and for me.

Sue (Vintage Rescue) said...

Life speaks to us in odd ways. I still plan an ;10 trip to Iowa.... Dying to see your new jewelesque wares!

sassytrash said...

"...ch-ch-ch-ch-changes..." so the song goes....they are sweet and they are bittersweet, but they let us know we are alive 'cuz if you don't have changes you are dead--or the equivalent of! Follow your heart and intuition, and it will be always be an amazing adventure, and at the end of the day you can say "I did it" not "I wish I had done it"!

Golden West said...

I know I mentioned this before, but have you checked out Etsy yet? Seems like your daughter's candles and your jewelry and especially your doll head lamps would sell very well. Only 20 cents to list an item for 4 months and 3.5% commission - way cheap.

If you have a chance, next time you visit my blog, check the sidebar and go look at our Etsy store. Thing I like best is it's like having a bricks and mortar store that's open 24 hours a day and you never hardly have to be there...