Friday, February 26, 2010

Define you...





I have a perfect palette...the Pink Chateau...
I look to the European blogs and the ones I'm drawn to over and over again are the ones of the mansions and estates that are left in a decrepit state, as if history is still being made there...
I explore all the options at my lil' home and I've noticed a pattern again and again,
maybe it's my age, maybe it's the muted, faded charm of each piece I drag in and the particular lure I see in the bedraggled state of decay...
can't put my finger on it, but it works at the lil' pink shack.
I love all the colors people are painting their rooms,
yet I balk at giving my rooms that polished bright white finish.
Yet again, I think many times I do it, because I can...
I'll never forget the day Theresa and Craig, Time-worn Interiors, walked into my house...
Theresa said...Craig, look at them walls!!!
original plaster, who would'nt drool!
So...it is what it is...as I transform my little abode into the ancient cottage of 'Victorian America gone wild'...
Either you love it or you hate it, makes no matter to me, I am part of it's history...
it is part of me!

6 comments:

Colleen said...

I always think of the stories those wall would have if they could talk..and to cover them up with paint is like putting tape over their mouths....

donna baker said...

I think I'm an old soul too. I love new and different and even modern now, but when I dream, its of the old, historied things.

cconz said...

I remember my mom telling me, "When you get "nice things" i'll give you this nice silk rug from china" I'm thinking, i'll be waiting along time. This is as nice as it will be. I'm with you. Old and worn!!!

summersundays-jw said...

I love your style. I think it always looks like I could get my fortune told there. Now there's you a whole other career path to go down. Jan

Tallulah Antiques Closet said...

I luv those chairs. I was glad to stop by your blog, looks like you still have alot of snow.. Have a good day. Julian

IvyC. said...

Yet again lovely pieces.. some touching-up work might just uplift the entirety in styling & living:)

Life is good.. have yourself a fruitful week ahead.. and yes stay the way you are, cheers!