Friday, February 26, 2010

Define you...





I have a perfect palette...the Pink Chateau...
I look to the European blogs and the ones I'm drawn to over and over again are the ones of the mansions and estates that are left in a decrepit state, as if history is still being made there...
I explore all the options at my lil' home and I've noticed a pattern again and again,
maybe it's my age, maybe it's the muted, faded charm of each piece I drag in and the particular lure I see in the bedraggled state of decay...
can't put my finger on it, but it works at the lil' pink shack.
I love all the colors people are painting their rooms,
yet I balk at giving my rooms that polished bright white finish.
Yet again, I think many times I do it, because I can...
I'll never forget the day Theresa and Craig, Time-worn Interiors, walked into my house...
Theresa said...Craig, look at them walls!!!
original plaster, who would'nt drool!
So...it is what it is...as I transform my little abode into the ancient cottage of 'Victorian America gone wild'...
Either you love it or you hate it, makes no matter to me, I am part of it's history...
it is part of me!