Monday, October 17, 2011

Before n after...

 Country charm in the little bedroom,
well, I'm over it...

 The creamy yellow is gone...

 The oak dresser is gone...
I can't believe I haven't painted this one yet!

 The chaos is gone, as peace slumbers here...
this is the room in the front of the house,
tiny, but I'm trying to keep it simple and calm...
all of the pictures on the walls are gone, 'cept one,
only the bed in the middle of the room facing the sky,
so when I lay down at the end of the day
I fall asleep gazing at the stars.

while the dream catcher fulfills it's promise...

Next...the room in front of this one,
the sewing room/closet/storage, this is where all of my 
lampshade supplies reside,
trying to make sense of an old room that has no closets,
which mean piles and racks of clothes...
which is why I separate it from the front room
where peace must reign...
today I start to paint and don't worry,
the before shots will be taken...BE AFRAID!
You can see more shots at Lil' Pink Houses...

7 comments:

jacklynn4 said...

Looks so serene, even better than before. Beautiful.

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

Ahh..so peaceful and simple. Isn't that what we all say we want? But some of us never get there ..you have mu friend and it's a lovely place to be...

time worn interiors said...

Oh WOW! I love it! Can't wait to see it in person! Will the front room have a guest bed? PLEASE SAY YES! Hahahahhaha!
tot

nana_ang_poppaphil said...

I thought the before was pretty nice, but the after is just so lovely and peaceful looking.

Great job.

Vintage Green said...

Looks great Sharon, I bet it sounds wonderful up there when it rains.
Your dreamcatcher is perfect there!!

Anonymous said...

Oh I really liked it before. I like the after too. I can see with all the activity in your little home you need a place of calm without any visual distraction though. Let us know down the road how it's working out for you. I couldn't have every room in my home like that but I like calm bedrooms too. There's a fine line between calm and feeling like a nun's cell. That worked for them but I just can't get into that look.
Kathy

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

I like the guy with the spider in the eye!

SHADOW, SHADOW

Shadow, shadow drawing near,
You are all alone, I fear;
Let me be your new-found friend—
I’ll stick with you to the end!


© 2011 by Magical Mystical Teacher

River Shadows