Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Sumthin' amiss...ouch...

 This is what greets me every afternoon...but...

 somthin' is a fowl(no pun intended)
this egg is huge, must be a double yolker...no yolk!
My daughter is eating a lot of my eggs these days,
I'm gonna shock her with this one!
One of my hens is a biggen, this could be hers.
My 3 dogs cancelled yesterday,
coming in today...so I had the whole day to 
frolic and follow my flock in their daily routine...

whilst I frolicked in mine...
the drought this summer yield tiny sprouts, but I managed
to fill a gallon bag of them for the freezer, I
love them in winter soups and such...
a day in the life, now to prepare for the 4 yorkies
coming today...argh...!

8 comments:

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

I love me some "sprouts"! But I have never known anyone who actually grew them! I thought they just came home from the store..heehee...
Wow! That egg! Ya sure you didn't hear a big 'ol CLUUUUCK when that was was delivered?

Have a great week..

time worn interiors said...

Yummy looking sprouts!

And a huge egg? What's up with that?

tot

trash talk said...

Didja notice any of the hens walking funny? I know I would if I laid an egg that big!
I'm with Colleen. I've never seen sprouts au natural before. Don't hate me...I'm a city kid.
Deb

Steph said...

Nice eggs, free range are the best!
The geese are laying eggs now, will use them to make waffles next weekend.
And nothing beats a homemade soup with veg from the garden...Have fun with the dogs! And have a great day my sister-friend! :)

Vintage Green said...

An unexpected free day..they are the best!! I haven't seen a double yolk egg for a long time, two for the price of one.........good deal!!

Anonymous said...

I adopted an older Shih Tzu from Animal Control 2
weeks ago,after her visit to the groomer she was so happy!! actually leaping in the air,God bless you groomers.Sylvia

Leigh said...

Don't keep us in suspense! Was it a double yolker??? And Brussels sprouts in soup, you say? I have a hard time finding recipes for them that I like. Except with lots of butter and garlic.

The Feathered Nest said...

Girl...I LOVE that you've grown your own sprouts!!! I love them roasted in the oven with olive oil, garlic, s & p!!!! I've had a double yolker too!!! I couldn't believe the size of that egg!!! hope you are having a great week Sharon, hugs and love, Dawn