Monday, December 21, 2009

Beauty is in the eye...

Yayyyyy...winter is finally here...now we count down the days till spring...though up here in the Nor'lunds, winter usually starts the 1st of November, with snow and ice and unbelievable cold
YUCK!!!

However...Lorie had a surprise for me when I walked into the Asylum...eeeeeeeeeeeeeee...
well, you know my passion for old lampshades, this one is a doozie!
Someday I will replace the fabric and repair the beading, but for now it stays as is...I'll just get more light out of it...right...

Our good dealer friends Mark and Liz brought it into their booth the other day and Lorie snagged it for me...did I say eeeeeeeeeeeeee...

Thanks M&L...you guys are da bomb!!!

6 comments:

The Attic said...

Now don't you girls start buying up everyone else's junk in the Asylum or you'll need to start looking for a bigger place. :) I kid. :) Man, I cannot wait to see the Grand Opening day pics!

C said...

You're so right - beauty IS in the eye of the beholder and you, my friend, have a very good eye! The way you took the photo of the lamp is as if you were being transported through a window of time, right into the lampshade's former life..I half expected to see a dance going on if I looked close enough...lovely, my dear...

High Desert Diva said...

Excellent

Golden West said...

Your place is filling up nicely! Looks great!

sassytrash said...

I wondered why I can't find any good stuff....you have it all and it's filling up the Asylum nicely!!! Maybe I should put on my tire chains (or whatever you use to drive around up there) and come fill up my truck.....I wish!!
Hope you and your family have a beautiful Christmas!!

sarayutouched said...

what a coooollll lampshade. i love the bones of it...i'd cut the tattered pieces off and leave it as is.

we are looking at a winter storm here tomorrow night...i say bring it on mother nature...my family will all be home, the cupboards and refrig are stocked and the purr of the woodstove means warmth.

Merry Christmas big sis.

xx.
robin.