Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Dem bones...


Well, we got the bones built for 'Sweet Repose'...looking like the Beverly Hillbillies, my truck was piled sky high with wonderful old doors and screen doors to serve as walls for the soap garden of Sweet Repose. It will be filled to the brim with fragrant soaps and stuff, 'Kelly Aarons Mosaics' will also be inside the garden of Sweet Repose...and if I ever get the time, 'The Wild Thing' necklaces will grace these walls too.

Today, Piper and I will construct the walls of Friend's Candle Shed, a little sub-station of wonderful soy candles. Piper decided to join the inmates and bring her candles to Scott County...though, keeping with her new green theme, the candles will all be in recycled tins...all made in the USA...how cool is that...no China labels on these tins!!!

But you can still get all of her candles at the Muscatine shop too. Check out the White blog for more shots...

12 comments:

Golden West said...

It's looking outstanding, Sharon! You're creating something special and all of your hard work will be rewarded, for sure.

Sue (Vintage Rescue) said...

THAT is definitely my kind of place! I'm definitely planning a trip to Iowa (my first!) this spring!

simplyiowa said...

Hey Sharon!
It looks AMAZING!!!! I Love the doors! If they are for sale, tell me how much! Keep up the great work!
Barb C.

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

It is coming together just beautiful. Wish I could stop by and visit you. Hope you have a wonderful New Years and many blessings to you in the upcoming year, T

High Desert Diva said...

oooohhhhhh!

Alisa said...

Are you still planning on opening this weekend?

Patty said...

What a relaxing photo. Wishing you a prosperous New Year.

donna baker said...

Sharon, I so love those doors. I don't know why I love doors so much. They are great for displays, but sitting around in the house, not so much. I still buy them when I find one that strikes my fancy, thinking I will replace a door in my house though they rarely ever fit.

Lauri Evans said...

Oh My Gosh, Sharon, I gotta come see you. Everything looks Yummy....I have just got to talk Theresa in to bringing me up there sometime. I can't wait. And I know you hate the snow, but your pictures of it just make me want to be there!!!!! Love you, Lauri@chippys

summersundays-jw said...

Can't wait for the spring thaw so we can come visit. Actually, I hope you've sold everything by spring & have to come to Missouri to replenish your supply. Jan

Kelly Aaron Mosaics said...

It all looks fantastic, Sharon! It's not just the great stuff, but your merchandising magic that makes it all happen. Your talents are limit-less!! Much luck to you in the New Year. Love, Kelly

Tilda said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE those doors!!!!
The one on the left in your signature off whites, is simply gorgeous. I can never see things like that without thinking about their past lives and the people who lived around them. GREAT LOOK!
Wishing you the MOST success. AND IF you need more doors, I kept my very best here at the farmhouse. A road trip (sans snow drifts) might have to be in order...
in fondest. T.