Friday, December 18, 2009

We've come a long way...baby...

Makes ya just want to eat that extra piece of pumpkin pie, right...

...and of course, this is why they invented the fainting couch...

...boy am I glad we burned our bras...I remember the girdle days all too well...and yes...we've come a long way...

More cool stuff at the Asylum...

I've had so many people say to me that they are just not in the mood for Christmas this year...have we settled into Winter, have our economy woes crushed our spirits or are we just rethinking our new game plan for the coming year...who knows...all I know is the day after Christmas, is a countdown to Spring, that's what I live for and I think this coming year is gonna be a doozy...so hang on to your bloomers...Spring and a new life is on it's way!!!

6 comments:

High Desert Diva said...

Hang on to your bloomers....love it!

Golden West said...

I think Spanx has even more users than girdles ever did!

Next year is bound to be a great one for you, Sharon. The new store is going to go splendidly. A quiet winter will give you a chance to prepare! All your hard work is going to be rewarded.

summersundays-jw said...

I'm all for a great year. I've got lots of plans and much to do. Think I have the flu today -- yuck. Thanks a lot Stella!!! Jan

C said...

Sorry I've been a bad blogging buddie this last few weeks..maybe my "girdlie" was in a knot..,and my fainting couch was occupied..I dunno..but good to be back.

I'm afraid I'm one of those "let's get this year over with" right now..but I don't want to see the time go any quicker for my brother..Well, the "Spring" message will be in my heart- thankyouverymuch and we'll all delight in the pretties once again.

Merry Christmas..or how about 'A Loving Christmas' to you, my friend :-)

trash talk said...

You know a man had to invent a girdle...no woman in her right mind would have thought that one up!
It has seemed off this year...even the ads on TV stink! I thought it was just me, but everywhere I go, folks are saying the same thing. I am beginning to think we have finally peaked at the whole gotta have it all attitude and just want a little peace this year. I know that's what I'm going for...less stress and more family.
Debbie

Anita said...

I'm with Trash- I think we have peaked...and obviously allt he crap has not brought us peace, happiness, or prosperity as a nation...so time to go back...thank God some of us are ahead of the curve in that! So challenging as 2009 was, the lessons we learned should help us in 2010. That's my optimism. Merry Christmas, my friend. And thanks for sharing your gift of frienship with me all year long.