Thursday, December 10, 2009

Respect the wild things...

A young gal came into the shop the other day with the coolest window, she wanted a hunting scene for her husband for Christmas...can you pull this off???

Well, as you can see, the window has six panes...hmmmm...how am I gonna pull this one off for just $45.00...then I got to thinking, why not do a view from the window...like the young man is looking out his window and sees a day of tramping in the cornfields...whatta ya think...

Align Center
...as one of my cement waterfowl lies buried and frozen into place by winter's fury...supposed to be 40 degrees by Sunday, maybe this lil' pelican will see the light of day and Lorie and I can finish our move in the Amanas...hope so!

6 comments:

Golden West said...

Beautifully done, Sharon. $45 seems awfully low for such a fine job.

High Desert Diva said...

Your window painting is wonderful, Sharon!

Our temps are suppose to hit 40 this weekend, too. We shall see. -6 again this morning. I told Mark if it gets up to 40, it would feel warm enough to have a backyard bbq!

trash talk said...

You are just like an onion and I mean that in a good way! The layers keep peeling off revealing all the talents you possess and your poetry leaves me in tears.
Debbie

The Attic said...

WHen I first read the words "hunting scene", I thought..Uh-Oh....and that soon changed to Wow! It's beautifully done, but I have to agree with the other commenter. Next time charge at least double that amount girl! Hope you are weathering the storm...and I am complaining of 52 degrees...HA!

cconz said...

Sharon, What a great painting!!! I'm sure he'll love it. I was in muscatine sunday and peeked in the windows, i saw the rabbit painting. SO cool!! My computer has got a bad virus and is out of commision for a while.

Anita said...

That was wonderful of you to do it for $45...such a talented lady:)