Wednesday, December 23, 2009

I'm over it...

I know we have a long way till springtime, the warm glow of winter wraps around our souls like butter on warm biscuits...tempting us to enjoy, cause it's a comfort zone, remember, cuddle up with a good book and lots of hot chocolate...

Amber glow through ice frosted windows, warns us to stay inside...it's winter you know and Jack Frost will be nibb'ling at your nose...

...and a season full of colds and ill health threaten those who dare to trek into the wilds(Walmart)...

...but I have a dream...

...crisp white sheets flutter in warm breezes 'round old porch posts...

...and moss forms on humid garden sculptures...

...it creeps ever so near...

I just can't get into this holiday mode...it's so much work and stress as a retailer, as shelves begin to look really picked over...you're out of holiday fragrances and don't want to order more, 'cause you know what's just around the corner...and let's face it...we all want to say it...the 'S' word...

SPRING!!!

The joy of all retailers...time to switch gears...YAYYYY!!!

8 comments:

High Desert Diva said...

Almost there...hang tight!

trash talk said...

Bring on the fresh smells of spring...why wait?
Merry Christmas to you, your family and Scratchy! May the sun shine on your face in the New Year!
Debbie

summersundays-jw said...

Looks like you may have a little more winter to go through. Hope you and yours have a wonderful Christmas and a really excellent new year. Stay warm! Jan

Golden West said...

The way time flies as we get older, spring will be here before we know it! Wishing you and your loved ones a merry Christmas and a new year of health , happiness and prosperity.

donna baker said...

Sharon, I swear I've seen spring things and/or colors in the stores. Maybe just my imagination, cause I, like you, can hardly wait for spring. It's balmy today, but tomorrow, snow and cold temps are coming. I think I'll pass it on Ioway.

Wish on a Whisker said...

Happy, Happy Christmas to you and Scratchy! Can't wait to come back and see what you have been up to! ~Mandy

simplyiowa said...

Hey Sharon...
Ahhh, Spring... I am ready! Well, almost... I do love Christmas, so... I'm not letting go of it, just yet... I'd say, around mid January, thats when I'll have the tulips poppin'! Can't wait to see your new place!
Have a Merry Christmas, and a Happy New Year!!!
Barb C.

The Summer Kitchen Girls said...

Yep....we are ready to rip the store appart for that "Winter" look without all that Christmas clutter....the joys indeed!