Monday, September 5, 2011

The eyes and the wind have it...


Was working on some Link"Cracked in the Head" nightlights
for Kelly over at Eccentricities whilst working
at the Candle Shed Saturday...
now you do know how similar to taxidermy this is,
ripping out the eyeballs, that is...
I always carry my bead box along with, just in case
I get some inspiration...
so I decided to work up a necklace.

SOLD
Using vintage red glass beads, a vintage keyhole
and copper wire and chain...
and of course, my word of choice...ODD...!
And yes Gayle, the next one will say SICKO...
LOL!!!

SOLD
...and, like taxidermy, nothing is left unused,
so eyeball earrings are in order and of course
I love the look of the fire glazed beads,
sorta like a teardrop...
so on this beautiful Labor Day mornin'
I'm going out to the studio and prepping for
"the deed" as I wait for my supplies to come,
"Big's hide will be prepared for mounting...

My original biz card I designed, back in the day...
this was BC...before computers.
I drew a Native American peace pipe,
as I thought the subject perfect for my works
and had a local printer print them up,
boy, was that ages ago, but the subject still fits...
as one of Big's feathers was sent off on the wind,
offered in peace to his wandering spirit.
A perfect Autumn day, the still only disturbed
by the familiar sounds of the Canada geese
heading off on the wind...
I love a still, cool morning before
the traffic hits the 4-lane...
Have a wonderful holiday Americans,
I'm going outside to play...!