Sunday, September 4, 2011

The naked truth...


Coop gone bad...
This is the inside of a for real chicken coop,
though tiny by comparison, it is typical...
full of shit!
Every two weeks I clean it, scraping off the poo,
sweeping and laying fresh straw...
now those who paint their coops white on the
inside...are you serious,
it's hard enough on the outside!
As for a chandelier...are you serious again...
maybe you got more time than me, but...


this is my coop chandy...farm style
and covered with dust...


TA DAH...
fresh straw, a new step stool for the hens to
climb into their nests, remember, this coop
is only 4 X 4, plenty big enough for one person's
flock...then...


you let the happy family back in
to do their biz...notice...
one hen is sitting in nest!


and only one roo guards the flock, yes,
the deed is done, Louie has gladly taken the
reins from "Big the Impaler",
guarding the girls with pride!
I had to make a hard choice
and this was the logical one, now if
Lucky Lou should turn terrorist...

OFF WITH HIS HEAD!!!

7 comments:

cconz said...

I hope you wear a mask when cleaning that. I know you can get some weird lung crud. We had ducks and a duck house (really lots of poop). When i was a kid.POOR MR BIG! You are more tough than me. Or more realistic.

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

You know..it's kinda like that with people's houses too..well, hopefully not so much poo..but you know..never theway they show in magazines! As long as they are happy and healtyh and lay you lots of beautiful eggs..then it Coupe sweet Coupe!

Sue said...

I always kept mine pretty clean. I don't get the folks that clean them out ONCE A YEAR. OMG. Can you imagine how gross that would be?

Vintage Green said...

"coop gone bad"
reminds me of that song.....
"Cows with Guns"

Steph said...

LOL!

Tilda said...

.i love the 'step' stairs for the hens to climb up to their nests..
never would have thought of that myself.
i fear it may SNOW tonight. black, black clouds, high winds, temps to dip into the low 40's. i mowed lawn with the idiot hat on, and a fleece jacket over my duds. but barefooted! ON THE RIDER for all of you who are appalled. i am SO NOT READY! but then am i ever?
have to dig out my wool socks tonight. 'tis the season again...
drats!
in fondest, Tilda
(& Oliver)

Anonymous said...

So what your saying is don't get chickens just to get a cute coop! I've been wondering with the new chicken hobby if it'll end up like when people buy dogs that are cute in movies but a nightmare to live with. I had ducks when I was young. I loved those ducks but I do remember Wiggles and Waggles were constant up keep. How hard will it be to keep it tidy in the winter? But they are so darn cute and all those eggs right out your door is very nice.
Kathy