Tuesday, September 13, 2011

I love country...and blue...

While I was waiting for soap to cure today,
this book caught my eye in the cupboard...
kinda reminds me of my front porch,
'ceptn mine's pink...

Everything is just so homey-like, with useful stuff
just layin' around waitin' their turn to be useful...

This kitchen just calls to me, maybe 'cause it's so
cluttered like mine...

another view, sorry about the book crease...
I think it's because it's not tailor-made to fit,
just favorite stuff put together for
convenience and a Bohemian impermanence...

Love the settee and the chipped plaster on the wall!

and a splash of taxidermy and light...

cobblestone and weathered brick,
it surely doesn't get more inviting than this...
does it...

well, maybe some stashed fruit jars here and there...

but, it all boils down to country
and antiquity
and home
and how you fit the look into your realm...
ahhhhhhh...

11 comments:

MARY PERNULA said...

Thats my style 4-sure. Hugs Mary

outjunking said...

The last picture of the table and chairs looks like it might be in an atrium. That's my favorite.
Lisa

Bohemian said...

I have this book too and the images in it are swoon worthy and so inspiring! I love this Style too.

Dawn... The Bohemian

nana_ang_poppaphil said...

Nice, I love the cobblestone and weathered brick look.

Sue said...

Beautiful. There's something about weathered finishes-so relaxing.

cconz said...

The last picture is my fav too. I just wish i could get that look.

Jane said...

I am so glad chipped plaster and cluttered is a style. Makes me feel better about my own home :)

Artsy Fartsy Junkin Finds said...

Gotta see if I can hunt me down a copy of that thing! Looks divine! Hugs, Janna

Anonymous said...

This is the style that makes those of us that aren't into the color of the season,the outfit you just HAVE to have, the large perfect house just to be accepted at peace. It's about having a home with a soul. In this crazy world having a safe place is having a castle.

Kathy

suzeeez said...

Beautiful !Beautiful !Beautiful !Beautiful !Beautiful !Beautiful !Beautiful !Beautiful !Beautiful !
Love it all !

The Feathered Nest said...

Yum....looks like a book I would LOVE!!!! loving it all....xxoo, Dawn