Monday, August 10, 2009

Icky old stuff...at White...






Yeah, what is it about this chippy old gnarly stuff that just turns us on...I laughed at Lorie the other day when she said be careful so we don't chip off any of the chips...now, is it just me or is that an oxymoron...or is there just something wrong with that picture...

I even like the chipped paint on our shop cottage and dread the fact that it will get repainted some day...is it a sickness...is it a brain malfunction...are we TETCHED IN THE HEAD!!!?

WHATEVER...I still love it, man still doesn't get it...all he wants to do is strip it and stain it and varnish it or put shiny oil paint on it...is that what they do on Mars...I'm just sure of it...we still drool over it when the chips are gone and that old weathered patina shines through...

So for us, the two crazy 'White' girls and the rest of you chippy nuts out there...chippy white is still queen...with a dash of color thrown in for good measure...RIGHT...as long as it's old, icky stuff!

12 comments:

summersundays-jw said...

I love that old chippy stuff but have a couple of times sprayed something with varnish so I would cut down on vacumming (shame). Someone left a comment the other day about your pics always being at a slant -- & they are but I love it. It's like I almost recognize yours by the slant you put on them. The one with the curtain at the window should be a card. The shop is looking so good. Have a good week. Jan

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

Well said Sharon, love it!

Utah Grammie said...

ohhhhh- love it all! Especially the bike - I "think" I could handle 3 wheels! (didn't do so well on two a few years ago!)

common ground said...

Yeah, me too, but unfortunately I had to paint the table/desk in my current post. It was too far gone. "Horrific" is the word for that. I have one coat on. Lookin' better. (Yuck, I refuse to strip stuff!)
Debra

trash talk said...

Why create work where no work is needed I say. Leave it as found always is the answer! If someone doesn't like it, they don't have to buy it. It's a good thing ol' C.D. likes it chipped up and rough (his furniture that is) or there would be some major fightin' at the Casita de Trash!
Debbie

Tilda said...

my sentiments exactly. leave it alone and admire it the way it is!
NO stripping! Bad word.
rain continues in Michigan. BUT the heat came with it this time. it is steamy! as am I. BUT barefooted and smiling.
in fondest. Tilda

Artsy Fartsy Junkin Finds said...

I am dying here, you friend and you are correct....I am always ever so careful not to chip any of the chippy paint!! Men don't get it, when I asked my husband to drill four small holes in some metal for me....he did it... on the $450 chippy turquoise table I have in my blog!! What was he thinking, and he could not understand why I was sooooo upset, they never get it, it is only crap to them! Great blog, just love it and your way with the words!! Tootles. Janna

willow said...

Love the chips.

Wizard of Was said...

grungy, chippy, dirty..love dirty white..can't get any better than this!!

Lori R. said...

oh how we love your icky old stuff. Looks like White is shaping up just wonderfully...

Dixie said...

i consider that old chippy stuff... beautiful works of art performed by earth... how could you not love it!

time-worn interiors said...

There is nothing I love more that chippy, crusty, peeling, white paint! So I guess that makes me one of your chippy nuts!

I can't wait to come and see the new shop! I know it will be fall before I can come!

TOT