Monday, August 17, 2009

Mischief at White...Three days of summer...

One beat up bucket...
two geese a gagg'ling...



...and a horned owl in a chair tree...


Well you can't ever say there's a dull moment at the shop, as the never ending stream of Lorie's stuff is still filtering into the store, we had this overabundance of old chairs to place...well we have this huge yard to fill, but we don't want to get in the way of Bill's grass-mowing , so what better place to put them...on the old clothesline pole...clever aye...I think we are so tired from moving STUFF, that it's easy to get caught up in the humor of things...

OR...

...we are just tetched in the head...anyway...I am posting over on the 'White' blog, the new friends we made over the weekend, Amanda and Glen, bloggers form Springfield Missouri...Wish on a Whisker...I love this bloggy world!!!

9 comments:

time-worn interiors said...

OMG! I love the chair tree!
TOT

Roses and Lilacs said...

Hi Sharon, I have a few of those chairs too--in my basement. I love the photo on the previous post. The Amish buggy carrying milk goats. Amish goats are well behaved, standing so quietly in that buggy.
Marnie

Rita said...

Stopping by here is always a delight for this auctioneers daughter. Takes me back to all the old estate sales and hours in my folks junk shop and antique stores.

Thanks for the visit to my MYM.

goatman said...

I have reworked some furniture pieces and chairs are not my favorite to work on -- too many surfaces to be done by hand. And these chairs appear maybe to have had the reed seats (much work doing those).

So I will just be happy to greet you as a fellow blogger and await the finished product of the chairs as done by others!

The Attic said...

MISCHIEF is your middle name missy..or is it NUT? :)
xoxo

Lori R. said...

Tetched you are... but that's why we love ya!!! Never a dull moment when we get together... love the owl in a chair tree...

summersundays-jw said...

Mindy & her husband come in to the shop and they are a dear couple. We have some great people in our neck of the woods. Love your chairs. Jan

Golden West said...

Those chairs would make great planters. We've done a few - you just drop a wire basket with a moss or coco liner into the seat and let the plants start spilling over the sides. Ferns have done well, and as the sun moves, the chairs can be moved under trees into shade. We stenciled a few of the chairs and painted solid a couple others. With your talents, combined with a green thumb, I can see a doll head on a skewer added to the mix!

trash talk said...

Now that's what I call some sweet chair-a-tree! (Can I get a rim shot?) Your happiness and glee is ringing through your posts. Great to hear you smile!
Debbie