Thursday, October 28, 2010

Have you ever had...

Buyers' remorse...
you know, when you go buy new tires for your truck/car
and when all is said and done, the mechanic
brings you that dreaded list of parts that drastically
need replaced or your truck/car will fall apart.
WHAT ARE THEY THINKING!!!
$500.00 for new tires,
then they hit ya with ball joints, shocks, alignments
AND LABOR...$1114.58...!
Is someone smoking crack here...!
Talk about guilt...
I got a second opinion!
$600.00(cough, cough) from my trusted mechanic
and my truck is good to go...my bank account,
however is in remorse or should I say recession!

However...the eternal optimist in me has had a change of seasonal heart,
I'm cutting back,
a sense of freedom and a new look into my creative soul...
I had my cable tv disconnected.
$70.00 a month and I maybe watch 3 hours in the evening,
then most of that time is spent asleep because THAT CHAIR
sucks the life out of me, know what I mean.
When you only watch a few bits of programing and
the rest is reality crap...the point would be...!

So, now my new BFF is my PC, a good bright light
and NETFLIX...
why did it take so long!

Anybody wanna buy a 'Cracked in the Head' nightlight...heehee!

10 comments:

concretenprimroses said...

You have my sympathy! $1000 for a repair to my truck frame. We almost didn't do it, but we use it so much. We aren't ready to give up cable, but its a good idea!
Kathy

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

Oh man! When you say chair that sucks the life outta ya? yeah - I have one- I call it the sleepy chair..everyone that sits in it fall asleep :-) Yeah, I have a love/hate relationship with TV also..I'm not as brave as you to cut it out..amd Mr. B would be very unhappy..oh well. It's back to finding crafts to do while the TV drones on....

Lori R. said...

Daughter's car was feeling wierd when she drove. She drove into a place and they said she needed two new front tires. She decided to wait and have her hubby look at them. He just had them rotated to the back and everything is just fine! Try The Tread Shop... I have trusted them for 10 years at least.... very reasonable and honest ♥

summersundays-jw said...

I've considered it too but what would I do this winter without Hallmark & Lifetime. Think my home phone is the next to go. How many doggie haircuts will it take to pay for that truck? Of course you could sell all your gold jewelry -- I figure my broken chains have to be worth a few thousand. Have a good one. Jan

time-worn interiors said...

That does suck!! It never fails for something back to happen right around the Holidays! Want me to go ahead and send you some money for the things I'm gonna buy? I will!

Sister TOT

Kattywhompus Primitives said...

We disconnected from cable and got a Netflix account too. It's wonderful-AND thrifty! :)
Rhonda

Sylvia said...

Smart lady to get a second opinion,they told my daughter she needed a new tire the old one was beyond repair,her dad put a plug in the hole and it's been good to go ever since.Beware!!!

cconz said...

Everybody is out to get you. Well, maybe not everybody. Lots of crooks none the less. I couldn't do without my dish.

donna baker said...

You did the right thing. I am about to take a baseball bat to my tv over all the fakers and takers in the political ads. God, hurry come Thursday.

Betty G said...

Just put $1800 in our old truck and the engine light came back on again! Grrrr! I feel your pain!

As for cable, my hubby is disabled so it at least entertains him while I'm at work. Plus I've gotten hooked on the History channel, travel Channel and that new show "Boardwalk Empire". :) Luv~Betty