Tuesday, March 20, 2012

S.P.R.I.N.G.......

 I'm still in shell-shock,
Spring is actually here!

 A beautiful blue sky, sunshine
and blooms all over my plum trees!

 And miracle of miracles...
thar be BEES!!!!!
There were real life honey bees all over them,
but, it'll be short lived as soon that
yellow dragon will be flying the skies
and poisoning all around my house...
aerial spraying of the fields of corn and
 beans that surrounds me...the bees will disappear!

But as momentum grows for better foods,
I have faith that people will awaken
and protest!
There is no planet B...
(my bumper sticker)

6 comments:

misselaineous said...

Oooo..plum trees, blue skies and bees...what more could you ask for on the first day of spring?? You get a thanks for my first smile of the day, but also for the first big thought..."hey farmer, farmer. put away the DDT...gimme spots on my apples...leave me the birds & the bees" either version...Joni Mitchell or Sister Hazel will do. :o} *e*

La Gitana said...

Such a terrible thing this poisoning of our own food and environment. I to am holding out hope that while clean food is getting more mainstream that they will stop that madness. My little yard in the city is the best bee sanctuary that I can make it.
P.S. Where to find that bumper sticker?

Linda said...

So glad Spring has arrived!! I think the more people talk about growing their own food the more people may join in...I hope anyway...we keep expanding every year to stock our pantry with our own food...or support local growers...

Have a great week! :)

cconz said...

Happy spring sharon, I'm loven this warm weather. Your tree is beauteous. Glad to hear you have some bees. I have 2 praying mantis egg pods in the fridge. I have to wait a while yet before i put them outside.

Susie said...

Happy spring Sharon, Your trees loks so nice. I only have 3 flowering trees and they are small. Enjoy yourself. Smiles, Susie(She Junks)

nana_ang_poppaphil said...

Lovely blossoms, Spring,spring for you....