Sunday, May 11, 2008

Black is beautiful...






There are just some pieces that you have to paint black, Some are very primitive and some so elegant, that black is the only choice. I think it is so great that we are combining black and white and the naturals in our homes to give it our personal signature. Every piece I drag home gets evaluated for saleability, in our area, as to which will sell best. These are some of the pieces I have up at Sister's Garden. The black buffet just replaced one that recently sold. Buffets are hot, in white or black. Their decorative lines just work for a multitude of functions, not just a buffet. I have seen bathroom sinks, kitchen islands, multi-media centers and coffee tables made out of them. But on my primitive black pieces, I put no finish, cause I like the fact that the flat paint collects all the dust of antiquity and sanded way down, it just looks like an old finish. I also rub the finish with terrycloth to kind of buff it a little. Have I mentioned that I love my job???