Monday, May 19, 2008

This is what we got at the show...BACK...


We had a great show, didn't quite make as much as we wanted...but it will do in a pinch, but there were so many people out and they were buying, much to the relief of many vendors. It has been such a relief to see people out and enthusiastic about stuff, course cabin fever has a way of makin ya a little nuts (but that isn't my problem)...We were so busy talking to people and selling that we didn't have time to eat, shop or go to the loo...bummer. Every time I went to the bathroom, Lorie would make me take my cell so I wouldn't doddle and leave her alone with the hoards and she kept the cash. But I did catch glimpses of wonderful stuff that all I could do was drool over on the way by. We are thinking of closing our brick and mortar and do booths at malls, so we can spend more time on the shows. For the 4 hour trip to Elkhorn, Wisc. from Iowa, we spent $125.00 on gas, average was $3.96 gal. That really limits us fools, but it didn't stop the crowds. Sorry I can't show ya any goodies this show, but...there is always hope for the next. We have a better idea of what they are wanting and have made some good connections with dealers...fortunatly Lorie lives in another city and has no control over my neverending shopping down here...LOL...

2 comments:

Vintage Sue said...

Close the shop???? Then again, if I weren't tied down with that pesky real job, I'd go with you in a heartbeat. I'm not sure what you normally make, or what most vendors normally make, but a friend of mine made $2000 locally at Lucketts this weekend (for a $150 space), and another dealer told me she did nearly $8000. Another friend of mine does Brimfield, and only sets up for the pre-show for a few hours, makes a few thousand and goes home! What a life, huh????

Your booth looked fab. Glad to see the tarnished silver is selling—I have too much of it!

XOX

Pam said...

So did you do well with the junk from my coon-poo place? You know there's still plenty there! We could have a girlfriends day there, but the scrapper is going to town. !You can't believe what I scored in the attic of the garage! And it's all mine, no one else wanted to go up there! It was a little dangerous, but well worth it! I have planted flowers in all my watering cans without handles and other parts, and plan to fill picnic baskets, etc. with more flowers...since I saw Martha planting some in a drum set, I've tried to think broader. The cans look cute on my steps at home, but I did it to sell them!!! Off to sort more junk at more tag sales I'm preparing. Save your money! --Pam