Sunday, May 11, 2008

I love playing with paint...



Experimenting with paint finishes is better than Play Dough, at least you make real money with paint. The thicker the paint, the more it cracks and the use of stencils to apply drywall mud adornments is so much fun too. There is no end to the fancies you can apply. This is one of the reasons I like having my studio right in house in the spare bedroom, easy access and I can walk away for coffee and it is right there waiting to be finished. But this is not one of those studios that is going to win an honorable mention for organization. How can you combine dog grooming and furniture painting and maintain that "I know where everything is" look...right. We had to do a ramp up the front porch, city code, for wheel chair access, when we had a store in the house, but it has turned out to be perfect for me and my lil' pink wheeler to drag all the stuff in. Yeah...my little pink wheeler, used to be red, but years of service outside, has faded it to pink...and yes I get alotta crap about it...such is life...