Friday, May 23, 2008

Letting go...


Sometimes you just have to downsize and let those faves go and never look back. This is the last piece I have from the tour of duty with 'the X'. He was quite the talented carpenter and loved to surprise me with new TWIG designs on rainy days when he couldn't work. This was an exact match to a telephone bench that was awaiting a paint job in our garage, you know, the studio that hasn't seen a vehicle in years...but I watched him work with an artists eye knowing...I can do that...yeah right. My first plant stand was a real treat. I followed the design to the letter and cut all the pieces to match...but why are there two sticks left over...where did they go? Well, the flawed piece was fabulous and now comes the pricing, he was getting a charge out of this one, because you can't charge by the hour (and I said why not)...my piece should sell for around $500.00...a fair price (in my world), but actually sold in the shop for $75.00 and I was elated...but so not fair...you know what I mean...