Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Come on...it'll be OK...


These are my newly planted (last summer) iris on the south side of my house, the others are just not quite ready to peek out from the shade. My house is now totally ringed by stunning purple iris, a wonderful contrast to the pink of my chateau. It is 46 degrees today here in Iowa and me again longing to sit in the rocker on my front porch, barefooted and sipping coffee to the sweet tunes of my sparrows and wrens...but instead I am at the computer with my trusty chamo fleece jacket and fuzzy winter slippers, watching the baby squirrels from my perch INSIDE...COME ON Mother Nature, throw us a bone here!!!

But I am delivering to Sister's Garden today, wonderful batches of soaps and soy candles. It is always such a beautiful drive through Amish country, a step back in time. Saw the most wonderful image last year, driving up behind a young Amish couple in a buckboard with their two sweet cherubs sitting barefoot, huddled close to each other, behind their parents. As I drove by I waved at the girls and huge smiles prompted shyness as their faces scrunched together with giggles and bonnet ruffles. Possibly 3-5 years old, their innocence has stuck with me every time I drive through Kalona, Iowa...wouldn't it be wonderful if this innocence came back to the whole world.

I will be taking pictures of the new stuff Barb is tempting me with and some of my new scents...ooooh, the strawberry soap, my truck smells like strawberry shortcake when you open the doors. The ladies in the Iowa City area have newly discovered the soaps and are really indulging in them, which FORCES me to drive and restock every week...I know, don't hate me cause I have to drive 45 minutes through Iowa paradise.

Later, with lots of pics...