Tuesday, May 6, 2008

A man test...


OK, for all you gals out there that happen to be happily married...I have a little question for you. If you were all excited about this wonderful piece and you sent caution to the wind and brought it home...how many of you would have a husband that said, "I love it, you aren't going to recover it, are you?" That's right...welcome to my land of bliss, cause I can have it and you can't. OK, maybe I am a little eccentric, but that is the thrill of it, living on the edge of reason. So let's talk reason, just look at this piece, what grand form and what that fabric (original) must have been like in it's heyday. But what of the patina now, faded grandeur, wear and tear, history in the making and to top it off, this little gem has drop-down arms so you can rest in leisure munching macaroons. I love it just as is and it makes a grand statement as you walk in my front door. Most would recover, but I like the grand ol'gal AS IS.

Note...thanks to the gentleman that designed this grand piece, but I have to wonder of the ulterior motive behind the drop down arms...uh huh, you got my drift...