Tuesday, September 8, 2009

I heart Mt Vernon...Iowa...

Is this just the coolest barn EVER...ahhh...Iowa(is that me)...?

...and you can barely see Lady Liberty on the front of this barn...I'll try and get a better shot of this one...'bout ran off the road as it was!

This is Bass Farms, my new soap and candle account, they just opened and are getting things in order for their greenhouse, gift shop and veggie stand...but lemme tell ya, that was the best sweetcorn I've had since my Grandaddy grew it on his lil' piece of paradise in the Cedar River bottoms back in the day...mouth-waterin'!

I'll write more on Bass Farm later...

Just a lil' view of their corn fields on a perfect sunny day in Iowa...don't get much better'n this...right Scratchy!!!

9 comments:

summersundays-jw said...

Wish I had some of those corn stalks for decorating. We're trying to get Leola's ready for Fall Open House. Love all those Iowa barns. Jan

cconz said...

Wow, that is the coolest barn art i've seen. Where was that? Hope you had a fun and profitable weekend!! Was'nt the weather wonderful!

sarayutouched said...

we have had the best weather here...my vacation was blissful. very cool barn pictures. oh so glad you are enjoying the lovely weather too.

Shab-n-Chic said...

Love the first barn too! Hey, sorry to do this but I just have to know MORE...hahahah. Go see my new post. You've been tagged girlfriend.

dulcy said...

Yes.......that barn is the absolute coolest barn I've ever seen!

Greyscale Territory said...

Just beautiful countryside! I imagine on a clear day you can see forever!

Golden West said...

Wonderful to hear you're opening new accounts and many happy returns of your birthday!

Artsy Fartsy Junkin Finds said...

It is gorgeous, I can see why you heart it!!! Tootles, Janna

Bellamere Cottage said...

I've had so much fun visiting your blog...what a pretty place....loved the barns.

Blessings,
Spencer